Wallet Composability: Building A Native DeFi App on Mobile
TLDR: TxLink is a Middleware which connects Mobile Wallets to Frontier such that users can access Native DeFi, Staking and Track Protocol Positions without having to import Private keys/ Seed Phrases.
Four prominent reasons for building this:
1. Building Native DeFi App.
2. Enabling Users to connect existing Wallets on Mobile.
3. Removing Platform Dependency for users.
4. Simplifying Multiple Wallet management.
What is Wallet Composability?
Composability is a system design principle that deals with the inter-relationships of components. A highly composable system provides components that can be selected and assembled in various combinations to satisfy specific user requirements.
Wallet Composability is a system that enables the user to choose the desired wallet to perform or complete certain operations, i.e. Staking, Gaming dApps, DeFi protocols, NFT, etc. and thereby removing the address fragmentation problem.
Why are Developers not building Native dApps on Mobile?
dApps developers currently face difficulty to build on Mobile because of two problems
- Wallet Creation (Key management)
- User on-boarding experience
Let’s take an example: Bob, the dApp developer, wants to build a Native iOS App lets say Lottery Platform like Pool Together. Bob now has to come up with two things before he starts working on the actual product.
- Wallet Creation — Users need to have a Wallet to interact with any web 3.0 Application (dApps). Bob now has to work on Wallet creation ( Key management) so that users can create Wallet/ Import/Export on his App.
- User on-boarding experience: For Users to use Bob’s App on Mobile, they have to either create a wallet or import their existing wallet, which is a serious UX issue.
Bob, instead of focusing on the actual product, has to solve the Wallet Creation (Key Management) and User on-boarding issues first. Currently, there’s no way where Bob can natively integrate existing wallets and therefore if a user wants to use Bob’s App, they are forced to create a new wallet or import existing one, there’s just no other option.
….And Bob be like
👉 Enter TxLink — Wallet Composability on Mobile
TxLink is a Middleware which connects Mobile Wallets to Frontier such that users can access Native DeFi, Staking and Track Protocol Positions without having to import Private keys/ Seed Phrases.
The Above illustration has Three Layers
- Top Layer: Application Like Frontier which is a DeFi Aggregation layer enabling users to seamlessly access Multiple DeFi Application across Multiple Blockchains (Chain Agnostic) just be connecting Mobile Wallets.
2. Second Layer: Wallets where users store funds and Wallet creation/Private key management happens. Mobile Wallets roles will essentially reduce to storing assets, send, and receive assets.
With App Store’s Policy hitting hard on Mobile Wallets such as Coinbase Wallet, and Trust Wallet to remove the dApp browser functionality. Users can’t access dApps anymore with Mobile Wallets.
3. Third Layer: Blockchains is the third and the base layer where all the transactions are settled.
Wallet Composability: Better User Experience
Since the launch of the ethereum blockchain, wallets have always been all-encompassing tools with several useful features. Ranging from the trusted environment, storing your private keys, recovering your accounts, integrations with other dApps, and now interaction with DeFi products, wherein you can stake, lend and borrow your assets. Etc.
Using wallets a user can interact with a dApp and make transactions as per his wish. But the current dApp interaction experience with wallets is broken and poor, in a way that currently there is a six-step process to use any dApp.
- Open wallet “X”
- Create a new address or import an existing wallet.
- Click on dApp browser option
- Enter the website link to the dApp
- Interact with the UI and select the operation you want to do.
- Approve the transaction.
👉 Enter Frontier + TxLink here
- Open Frontier
- Connect Wallet
- Interact with dApp
- Choose Wallet and Confirm the transaction.
Some integration examples below
- Matic Staking Via Frontier Mobile interface
2. Manage your InstaDApp/ MakerDAO Positions via Frontier Interface
Website | Telegram Community | Twitter | iOS | Android